- This event has passed.
Gravel Grinder Bike Tour – Mills River NC Loop
August 4, 2018
RIDE NORTH MILLS RIVER – GRAVEL DAY TRIP
New this summer, Yellow Bike Tours is teaming up with Bicycle Sport to offer a day trip to North Mills River. This ride has it all some gravel fire road climbs, some paved road connectors, single track and touch on one of the most scenic parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Transport, food, and guided ride support provided by Yellow Bike Tours. This is a group ride with two guides on the road and van support if needed. This is a no drop ride designed to enjoy the scenery and beauty of the area. Riders will be provided with a trail map if they choose to ride at a different pace of the group.
Day Trip Itinerary
6:45 am – Meet at Bicycle Sport – 2916 Selwyn Ave, Charlotte, NC 28209
Load up Bikes/Coffee/Donuts/Supplies (Shop will be open for last minute needs)
7:15 – Depart
9:45 – Arrive at North Mills River Trailhead
9:45-10:00 – Gear up
10:00-12:00 – Ride
12:00-1:00 – Lunch on the Trail (provided by Yellow Bike Tours)
1:00-4:00 – Ride/Finish at Trailhead
4:15-4:30 – Clean up/Load Up Bikes
5:00-6:00 – Cookout Dinner at Trailhead Provided by Yellow Bike Tours
6:00-8:30 PM – Transport to Bicycle Sport
$80 for the day includes:
- Transportation up and back from Charlotte to Brevard.
- Light breakfast, tailgate lunch, snacks, and dinner at the trailhead included.
- Supported riding with YBT van (there will be at least two rest stops to refill water and snacks
What to Pack
- For this ride we recommend you bring your own gravel bike in good working order to limit mechanical issues. (stop by Bicycle Sport to get a tuneup prior to the ride)
- Helmet required
- Cycling Gloves
- Water bottles or Camelback
- Change of clothes
- Swimsuit/towel in case you want to cool off in the river 🙂
- Lawn Chair
- Fun and flexible attitude! This is an adventure!
We require full payment and signed Rider Waiver Release form to reserve your place on this trip. Email sam@yellowbiketours with questions.
Space is limited and ride will sell out so sign up today!